I] JOB DESCRIPTION
Your responsibilities would include :
- Taking over, optimizing and maintaining the architecture of existing projects to ensure that a development team can scale around the project.
- Ensuring that the projects you work on can fluidly ship content while already live without significant downtime and without causing devs to lose sleep / hair.
- Possibly leading a team of confirmed and junior developers on multiple year projects ensuring code quality, team cohesion and ongoing learning for everyone under you.
- Participating in the recruitment process and the structuration of your team.
II] CANDIDATE PROFILE
- You should have at least 5+ years of experience in the games industry with – at least- one commercial title shipped in Unity (games shipped on consoles would be nice too).
- Comprehensive experience with C# but not limited to that.
- Being open-minded, curious and comfortable working autonomously.
- Good time management skills, experience with planning and scheduling, used to the development workflow setup process.
- Proactive and curious regarding your own skills, always looking for ways to get better and bring your colleagues up with you.
- Previous team lead experience
- Experience running dev ops for games you’ve deployed.
- English (at least intermediate level).
- Previous work experience in both indie and AAA studios
- Being a little bit crazy about video games is a must.
III] ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- 38 – 50k EUR (gross) per year, depending on experience and profile.
- Full time (CDI) at 35 hours per week.
- Based in our office in Bordeaux, though work from home and necessary precautions are in place during the COVID19 crisis.
- Fringe benefits include ; restaurant cheques, as much (ahem junk food) fruit and good stuff as you can eat, infinite coffee, flexible working hours, access to any books and professional development resources you want and more.
Resume – cover letter – web site – references and personal projects (as many things as possible to prove your passion….) Write at: firstname.lastname@example.org // including the following reference: TA-SGDEE0423
★ Small_ Independent_Big Projects
As we start work on new projects we need to ensure that we’re working with the latest technology and bringing in a talented and experienced team capable of leading ambitious projects.
While we’re currently growing rapidly, we pay a lot of attention to ensuring that we maintain small autonomous teams (10-15 people max). This not only means we work on a more “human” scale, but also that everyone can really impact the game with their ideas and initiatives.
★ What We Do Differently
If you’re working with us you will NEVER crunch (it’s nuts that this has to be said), you will have excellent health cover, five weeks paid leave (plus public holidays), subsidized meals, flexibility with work time, free fruit and other noms and of course as much coffee as you can drink.
We also do regular trips to some of the most legendary gaming events in the world, including excursions to National Parks and other such shenanigans (team building right?), so there’s plenty of opportunities for motivated people to get out and see the world. Well, at least, we were doing this before Covid happened, and plan to do it again if events are ever a thing in the future…
While we’re an indie company, our financial stability allows us to offer the kind of work environment that we always wished we could have, so we’re always scheming new ways to make our work lives enjoyable.
★ Comfortable Work Environment
We’re always open to suggestions regarding new tech and hardware, learning resources like books, patreon subscriptions, or training and of course everyone gets to pick what goes in the junk food cupboard. So you should always have access to everything you need to be happy in the office.
In addition, Bordeaux is an awesome city as it’s big enough to have plenty to do, but small enough that you can walk across it in half an hour. Beautiful 19th century architecture and more restaurants than you can poke a stick at make it a great place to live. You’re also 45 minutes drive from the beach and 3 hours from the ski slopes. While access to a very well connected airport and a 2 hour high speed train ride to Paris mean you’re never far away from anything.