Lead QA Manager
Carpool is a new video game studio based both in Paris and Montpellier, with a passion for creating the most innovative and exciting multiplayer games.
Created by industry veterans and gathering a human-sized talented team from diverse background and culture, our team is all about bringing life to our unique ideas and focus on AAA execution. We are thrilling to create games that are fun, challenging, full of pop culture references and willing to bring all players the best engaging and compelling experience possible.
Our first project is a brand-new hybrid genre mixing strategy and fast paced action into a PvP experience. But more than a game, our objective is to create a new IP with transmedia opportunities to expand our narrative and go beyond the video game market.
Carpool is a company that values passion, trust, autonomy, curiosity, honesty, and pragmatism, letting each member to bring their unique perspective and skillset and to add value to our project. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do and we highly value work/life balance, team interaction and wellbeing when joining Carpool. Are you ready to embark with us on this journey?
Setup and lead QA/QC process and ensuring quality of our project overall within a
collaborative multidiscipline environment and be responsible for the management of testing
the project, features or game mode.
• Setup and define objectives, processes and general project information to the team to
provide visibility on the progress of games development;
• Setup and organize internal functional weekly test plan for new features and game
• Create the test plan in conjunction with Executive Producer and other disciplines’ leads
• Ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of all concerned
and processes are improved overtime;
• Maintain the bug database for a mode or feature set, creating dashboards, filters, reports
and organize regression passes on resolved issues;
• Send regular status reports for a mode, feature set or SKU to relevant parties;
• Assess and manage risks, communicating them to appropriate parties;
• Manage multiple branches and associated integration requests, communicating the
processes to the team and ensuring coordination with other internal team and
asynchronous management of external teams ( FOCUS teams or external supplier );
• Drive the closing process as the project moves through milestones;
• Oversee daily and milestone reports to relevant stakeholders making sure they are fit for
• Proactively give feedback on the significance of the bugs encountered, the status of the
build, including qualitative perception of the game’s quality;
• Facilitate creation and management of written tutorials and technical guides in the shared
• Help the team set up and maintain a functioning workspace including advanced
troubleshooting of software and tools;
Skills and knowledge
Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of
• Fluent in English
• Proactive and results orientated. Able to challenge and be challenged.
• Willingness to share knowledge openly;
• Strong time management and organizational skills;
• Knowledge of the bug tracking software (Jira preferred) and version control software like
• Awareness of automation processes;
• Able to adopt a proactive approach and adapt to change;
• Ability to analyse problems and possess good problem-solving skills.
• 3+ years industry experience in QA/QC or equivalent as team leader or in a senior capacity,
preferably in an embedded role;
• Must have shipped one console title from alpha to release or overseen multiple software
• Experience in the video game industry is essential.
Qualities that could make a difference
• Pop Culture galore
• Love for multiplayer games
• Experience in multiplayer games ( PvP or PvE )
• Experience in vehicle-based environment and specific technical challenges (vehicle
assets, replication, AI, vehicle physics );
Other information and benefits
• Game Engine: UNREAL 5
• Benefits: Relocation package ( if needed )
• Health Insurance, Income Protection, Pension
• Location : Paris ( 75019 )
• Contract: CDI w/probation period
• Beginning date: Q1 2024
POSTULER SUR : recruter[@]target-agency.jobs
Référence annonce : TA-QA1112